Join our team!
We're still a small hardware start-up but we're already shipping our award-winning product worldwide. We're now looking for new team members to help us do even bigger things.
You get to work in a challenging environment where a lot of parts are black boxes with unknown sources and side effects. Our clients are all over the world and requests to the servers only change when we ship new hardware. At the end of the day, you'll be able to hold the things you build in your hands.
The Cubes make sure we have a productive office environment. But we also want to take good care of you. These are some of the goodies you'll get:
- experienced start-up team
- proper hardware (unless you want to BYOD)
- conference budget (depending on seniority)
- office space with a garden and free parking in Ljubljana
- passionate coworkers with attention to detail
- access to Bob the Makerbot
- free cakes (our CEO is a certified pastry chef)
We encourage unusual hobbies and listen to new ideas.
Interested? Check out some of the things we work on. This should help you get a feel of what you could be working on when you join our team.
Join us if you do ...
At CubeSensors we don't just make great hardware, we also make all the software that makes sure the data gets to our users. We mostly use these technologies:
- HTML & CSS
To make development faster, these are some of the software/libraries/services we currently use:
Our main software projects:
base station daemon
python code running on the Raspberry Pi controlling and updating the Cubes and sending their data to our server
data storage application
a Tornado based service that stores the data in PostgreSQL and serves it to authenticated clients and controls all communication with the base stations
user dashboard & setup process application
a Tornado based web UI that lets users setup their pack and manage it
a Tornado based service that allows access to data to OAuth1 authenticated clients
What we're looking for:
- Experience designing, building, testing and deploying scalable server applications & APIs
- Experience designing, building, testing and deploying light & fast web applications for web & mobile
- Independence. We're a small team, so we like it if everybody manages their own projects. That said, we like people to stick to what was agreed upon.
- Ability to get things done. There's always things you can improve but we need to move fast so deploying is paramount.
- Availability to work from our office in Ljubljana, Slovenia. You can work remotely now and then, but we'd like you to be in the office most of the time.
You don't need to fit all, but we'll like you more if you fit many.
This job is for you if:
- You don't see working days in hours-at-desk but in things achieved.
- You don't mind working odd hours to get the product shipped.
- You like to work in a small team where things move quickly.
- You like to challenge yourself.
- You like a good cake now and then.
Why you might not be a good fit:
- You're in it only for the money. We have some funding, but we're not bringing in millions. Yet.
- You like to know what you'll be doing in three months. We're a start-up, things change on a daily basis.
- You like to stay in your comfort zone. We're a small team, everybody needs to do things they don't usually do - we've never done hardware before this.
How to apply
If you think you're a good fit, send your CV and links to your work to email@example.com. No need to email if you're a recruiter.