Set up a new pack of CubeSensors
You'll have your new Base running and your Cubes glowing & measuring in less than 15 minutes.
A full CubeSensors pack includes the following:
- one Base (the big black box);
- one Micro USB power adapter and one Micro USB cable for the Base in matching black;
- a black ethernet cable that will allow the Base to connect to the internet directly;
- your Base activation code, printed on the bottom of the Base, in the top left corner.;
- 2/4/6 (depending on pack) stylish white CubeSensors and
- Micro USB charging cables for the Cubes in matching white.
+ a printed CubeSensors manual (download here)
Step 1: Connect the Base
First, let's make sure your Cubes will be able to send their measurements into the cloud.
- Find a comfortable spot for your Base (1) close to your DSL modem, internet router or switch.
- Plug in your Base into a standard electric socket using the included black Micro USB power adapter (2). Connect the Base (1) to your DSL modem, internet router or switch using the included ethernet cable (3)
- About ten seconds after the Base is connected to a power source, the light on the top of the Base will turn gently green. The light will briefly blink blue once the Base starts initializing the network and turn gently blue once it's ready to be activated and linked to new Cubes.
In short, a gentle blue light on the Base means everything is ok.
If you don't see the light when expected, see the troubleshooting section.
Step 2: Visit the setup website
Activate your Base
After the Base has established a connection (blue light on), visit the following website in any web browser and follow the instructions on the screen:
During the first step, you will activate your Base using the activation code (4) that is printed on the bottom of the Base, in the top left corner.
Make sure the Base is connected to the internet during this step. If you have any problems with the activation, don't hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: this step won’t work if the Base station has already been linked to a CubeSensors account. If you want to add new Cubes, follow the instruction for adding a new Cube.
Create your CubeSensors account
Once the Base has been activated, the setup website will guide you to the next step. In this step, you'll create your CubeSensors account.
The account will allow you to manage and access your Cubes, so make sure to use a valid email address and choose a secure password.
If you are already using CubeSensors at another location and want to link a new Base to your account, log in with your existing account below the form.
Wake up the Cubes and link them with your Base
After you create your CubeSensors account or log in with an existing one, you'll continue to the final step. This is where you can wake up your Cubes (5). The Cubes have been put in a deep sleep during shipping to preserve battery life.
You can wake up and link new Cubes any time by visiting https://my.cubesensors.com/, logging in with your CubeSensors account and clicking on the Add Cube option.
Once you're on the setup website, it's easy to wake up and link a Cube:
- Connect the Cube you want to wake up to a power source using the included white Micro USB cable (6). You can plug in the USB cable in your laptop or any standard USB charger used for mobile devices (smartphones, tablets). The Cube will blink red twice while it looks for a connection to the Base.
- Once the connection is established, the Cube will appear as ready to be linked on the setup screen in your web browser.
- Briefly shake the Cube you want to add to identify it. Wait until it glows yellow.
- A form will appear on screen where you can now enter the Cube's name (e.g. Office, Living room, Bedroom) and choose the type of environment (Work, Live, Sleep) you want to monitor with the current Cube.
Repeat the same wake up and link process with each Cube you want to add. You can disconnect each Cube from power after it’s been added.
You can now immediately place the Cube in its designated room or do this later. If you ever lose track of which Cube belongs where, you can always shake the Cube to identify it in the app.
Step 3: Start using the Cubes
And that's it, you're all set up.
Bookmark your CubeSensors app
Visit https://my.cubesensors.com/app on your smartphone, tablet or computer and login with your CubeSensors account to start using the CubeSensors app and learn more about your environment.
For easier access, bookmark the app's web address or add a shortcut to your iPhone or iPad's screen (tap the Share button in Safari, choose Add to home screen).
Find the right spot for your Cubes
After linking the Cubes, take a minute to find the perfect spot for your Cubes in each of the rooms you want to monitor. You can now start using the CubeSensors app to explore the differences between various parts of your home or office.
Hint: The air quality sensor takes some time to warm up. After the initial setup, it can take up to a few hours for the right measurements to be shown.
While the Cubes can blend in any environment, you'll get the best measurements if you keep them where you spend most of the time. If you'll be using CubeSensors at home, your living room and bedroom are a good place to start. In an office, you can keep one at your desk and put the others in meeting rooms and chill out areas, where people spend most of their time.
To get reliable measurements, avoid placing the Cubes in direct sunlight or too close to heaters, fireplaces, cold walls or other sources of heat or cold. The air should be able to flow freely through the holes, so don't cover the Cubes with plastic. Avoid placing them in overly dusty environments and keep them away from water.
Shake the Cubes to see the health of your rooms
To get quick feedback about the health of the room you're in, shake the Cube that is monitoring it until it starts glowing.
A blue glow means everything is ok. If you get a red glow, check the CubeSensors app for advice on how to improve your environment.
If a Cube blinks green after the shake, its battery is running low. It will still be collecting measurements for a few days, but you should connect it to a power source as soon as possible to recharge it and get the full experience.
A Cube that blinks red is not connected to its Base. It should reconnect after a few minutes. If it doesn't, see the troubleshooting section for further steps.
Occasionally, we might send the Cubes a software update to improve their functionality. When that happens, the Cubes will
For more on how to make the most out of your Cubes, visit the Tips section.